This Insurance Policy has been designed to cover the Employers Liability under statute. (As stipulated in workers Compensation Regulation, 2009 & Labour & Employment Act 2007). This policy provides compensation to the employees for loss of their earning capacity as a result of injury, diseases or death related to their work and work situation.
This policy is available to workers of all enterprises irrespective of size, location or nature of products and services produced within Bhutan. Worker- means an employee who is not a managerial or supervisory employee at a workplace (As defined in the Labour & Employment Act sf Bhutan 2007).
|1. 1080 days of national minimum wage and 70% of 1 months wage for 1 year.
1. Loss of earning: 70% of employees one month earning until S/he returns to work (or) up to a maximum of 5 years.
2. After 5 years, a lump sum amount equivalent to 365 days wage @ Nu.100 per day.
3. Rehabilitation & Retraining cost aimed at enabling the disabled employee.
4. Cost of assistive device.
5. Cost of adaption to work place or work station.
6. Support Service expenses.
7. Emergency care, medical care and surgery expense.
Note: The Company shall indemnify the insured against all sums for which the insured shall be so liable, subject to the term, conditions and exemptions contained in our Policy document.
1. The employee or representatives of the employee should notify the employer of an injury or death.
2. The employer should notify the Chief Labour Administrator in writing within 2 days of that death or injury.
3. In the event of death of an employee the employer should notify the nearest police station of the event as provided in section 155 of the Labour and Employment Act, 2007.
4. If the employee has been insured the employer as the insured party should lodge a claim with their Insurer for injury, disease or death as soon as possible after being notified of that injury, disease or death, and in any case no later than 14 calendar days after receiving the notification.
Generally the policies are issued on annual basis however, we may issue policies for a period in excess of 12 months where additional odd period is required (or) for period less that 12 months in cases of specific contracts to suit the requirements of the Insured.
Note: These are the summary of the policy and do not contain the full terms and conditions of the cover which can be found in our policy documents.